On Friday 22 October, the Government announced a support package for Auckland businesses affected by alert level restrictions, and as the country transitions to the new COVID-19 Protection Framework. This package helps Auckland businesses access:
- advice and planning support
- support to implement advice and planning
- health and wellbeing support
- business community resources
Activate Tāmaki Makaurau has been set up to connect existing Auckland businesses with that support. It is an opportunity to assist the business community to navigate the current environment and build more resilient businesses by supporting them to work through tough decisions, seize future opportunities and adapt where necessary to enable businesses to thrive.
Business Advice includes access to expert advice, strategy and planning to businesses in the Auckland region. This will enable businesses to address their most immediate challenges, like changing target markets and developing fresh marketing strategies, creating a digital media plan, financial planning and cashflow management, or overall business management, continuity, and strategy.
You can access advice if you are considering hibernating or closing your business, or are looking to scale. The advice should lead to a plan to overcome challenges and/or identify opportunities and map out the scope of the work required to achieve the plan. Auckland businesses can apply for up to $3000 + GST through Business Advice support.
Eligible businesses can apply for an Implementation Grant to help implement an existing business plan or to execute a plan based on the Business Advice received. This grant will give many Auckland businesses the funds to begin putting their business plan into action, in one of the available service categories. Auckland businesses can apply for up to $4000 + GST for an Implementation Grant.
I offer advice and implementation services in a range of areas, including:
- Organisational strategy development and deployment
- Leadership and management development
- Organisational culture
- Teamwork and communication
- Lean/Continuous Improvement/process improvement programmes
- Goal-setting and KPIs
- Organisational systems (e.g. ISO 9001 or 55001 compliance, performance management, knowledge management)
The same criteria apply whether you are accessing Business Advice or Implementation Grant support.
Your business must:
- be operating with 100 full time equivalent employees or less
- be GST registered in New Zealand
- have a New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- be operating in a commercial environment
- be a privately-owned business or are a Māori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership
- primarily operate within the Auckland Alert Level 3 boundary
- be an existing business that is trading prior to 22 October 2021
Please note: these criteria apply as at 1st February 2022. Please check the eligibility criteria using the links in “Learn More” below.
If your business meets the eligibility criteria, I offer a complimentary, no-obligation 30-minute discovery call to discuss how your business can take advantage of the Activate Tāmaki Makaurau funding.
We’ll talk about where you’re at, what you want to achieve, and how I can help you to build your business.
Just click on the button to make your booking in less than a minute. I look forward to speaking with you soon!